Spread the Light
Expressing kindness and compassion doesn’t have to be costly. After surviving a world pandemic, I would like to think we are all working harder to be better humans. As with many things in life, the more you practice kindness and compassion, the easier and more natural it becomes.
Here are eight ways to Spread the Light:
- Give your phone a break and focus on real in-person conversations every now and then. Too often we underestimate the power of a listening ear.
- Prepare dinner for someone. My dad just hinted the other day that he wanted me to make my famous tuna noodle casserole. Food is comforting and great conversations and ideas formulate around a delicious meal.
- Don’t wait for Birthdays or a special occasion to say I LOVE YOU! Say it daily. Life situations can change, and do change, in an instant. The older I get, the more I am aware of the unpredictability of life itself and how fast circumstances and events can change our lives. Time is precious.
- Give a compliment. A compliment may make someone’s day.
- Acknowledge a good deed both in and out of the office. People like to feel appreciated. Being told you are appreciated is one of the simplest and uplifting things you can hear.
- Offer to pick up coffee for someone. Sometimes a small gesture like picking up coffee will help build stronger relationships. When it comes to fueling the day at the office, coffee can perk us up and keep us motivated.
- Buy a white board and post inspiring words daily. If you need some inspiration to start the day right, positive quotes will bring a smile to your face.
- Smile. Your smile is contagious. Use your smile to change the world.
I could come up with so many more ways to spread light. I would love to hear how you are spreading the light at home or in the office, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s work together to make this world a better place for ALL.
Written by Blog Contributor: Holly Lynn Gibbons