Happiness is a choice
Happiness is a choice. Here are some ideas to get you moving in the right direction towards being a “Happier You”:
1. If you don’t like your life, change it. Take control. There is really nobody holding you back but you.
2. Be generous. Happy people are giving of both their time and resources. Volunteer and be part of something bigger. Make a difference!
3. Focus on what you have, not on what you want. Count your blessings each, and every day. Start with an empty jar. Each week add a note with a good thing that happened. At the end of the year, read about the amazing year you had.
4. Slow down. Enjoy nature. Get a hobby. Spend time with family and friends. Schedule time to just chill. If you are like me, you might need to schedule it on your Outlook calendar, but that’s ok. Do whatever works for you.
5. Forgive. Make amends both with yourself and others when you are hurt. Life is too short to harbor angry feelings.
6. Choose to have a great attitude. Happy people choose to have great attitudes. Remember, life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
7. Speak Life. Use words that encourage and bring positive energy to every situation. If it’s not nice, don’t say it. Be mindful that words matter.
8. Don’t feel a sense of entitlement. No one owes you anything. Work hard and assume you are not going to get help. If by chance you do, count it as an extra blessing!
9. Leave the world a better place than you found it. Your life matters – Do good things with it!
10. Happiness is learning to enjoy the journey of life. Take time to stop and smell the flowers or catch the beautiful snowflake falling from the sky. Enjoy the scenery along the way.
Every day is a new opportunity to invest in your own happiness. Love life and embrace the journey of being a happier you!
Written by Blog Contributor: Holly L. Gibbons