4 Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media Marketing
Most small businesses and organizations are unsure of how to use social media to connect with existing and potential clients or supporters. Even if their leadership and staff use social platforms personally, they probably don’t know how to use it for professional pages. Here are some basic Do’s and Don’ts to get you started.
- Have a plan before you start and create measurable goals
- Be a good social citizen, both personally and professionally, by being positive, kind and respectful
- Build a strong network and communicate regularly – consistency is key!
- Give great content that your network will share
- Build your network too fast – make sure your followers are engaged, and truly the right audience
- Use generic marketing techniques – make it authentic and personal
- Be pushy, people will not respond
- Forget to thank people – appreciating your followers will go a long way!
It’s important that you know what you want to accomplish with your social media marketing and how you’re going to meet those goals. And it’s equally important that you connect with the right followers – the ones that you can convert to customers and supporters. The best way to do that is to consistently communicate, authentically represent your business or organization, and show your followers that you appreciate them.
Want more tips on using social media to benefit your business or organization? Click the following link to see more GBS blogs on this topic: https://gbswebservices.com/category/social-media/
Also, watch for next month’s article in the Franklin Area Chamber of Commerce Newsletter.
Written by Blog Contributor: Holly L. Gibbons